Tuesday, August 18, 2009

So, the journey begins... August 18, 2009

It's been eleven years, two months and five days. At what point is it time to talk about it? At what point does the story need to be told?

Do I want to share my tale with you so, I get a "oh, honey, that must have been so hard for you." Well, at one point that was most certainly true.

But, it's been seven or eight years since the book was completed (well, nearly completed, it needed a lot of work, and really, still does).

The book began from an off-handed comment by my neurologist. He said that he noticed over the years that his patients who wrote about their experiences seemed to recover the best.

I knew (don't ask how I knew, it's just one of those things you know), that I would be one of those patients.

Then some time later, it could have been a week, it could have been months (I had a brain injury and much of that time is a blur) I had a dream. Well, a dream of sorts.

I woke up on Friday October 23, 1998 with the book title, the chapter outlines, the character names and a voice in my head that said, "write the book."

At that time, I could barely type or spell or speak in complete sentences... still after these years, the tears come when I remember.


No comments:

Post a Comment